Dermal fillers are used to treat the signs of aging and facial volume loss. They’re made from gel-like substances called hyaluronic acid or collagen, which is a protein found in skin tissue.
What are dermal fillers?
Dermal fillers are injectable substances that are injected into the skin to replace lost volume. The best dermal fillers in Toronto consist of hyaluronic acid and other ingredients, such as poly-L lactic acid or Sculptra. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in the body that gives volume to tissue.
Dermal fillers can be used to treat wrinkles, folds and other signs of aging by restoring a more youthful appearance to your face or neck. They are also used for lip enhancement (lip filler) when you want fuller lips that look natural.
What does a dermal filler treatment involve?
The procedure is done at Lift Clinic Toronto and usually takes about 30 minutes. The length of time for treatment depends on the number and location of your wrinkles, as well as your skin type. Some patients may need two or three separate injections over a period of several weeks to achieve their desired results.
When you arrive at Lift Clinic Toronto, you’ll be asked to remove any makeup, jewelry and eyeglasses before entering an examination room with your practitioner. The practitioner will ask you some questions about your medical history and discuss any concerns or questions that you might have regarding dermal fillers treatment. Your specialist will then inspect your face for signs of aging such as lines around the mouth or crow’s feet at the outer corners of eyes (the eye area). If there are no contraindications—such as active acne, eczema or psoriasis—he/she will proceed by injecting hyaluronic acid into each wrinkle using a fine needle that looks like a hypodermic needle but is smaller than those used by nurses for injections (hypodermics).
What are the benefits of dermal fillers?
- Fillers can help you look younger.
- Fillers can give volume and lift to the skin. This means they can be used to correct volume loss, such as sunken cheeks or droopy eyelids.
- Fillers can help correct wrinkles and folds. This includes nasolabial folds (the lines running from your nose to your mouth) and marionette lines (the vertical lines between your brows).
- Fillers can help correct lip shape. If you’ve lost some fullness in your lips, fillers may be a good option for you if injectables don’t seem right for the rest of your face—for example, if you have very deep wrinkles around the mouth area but are otherwise in good shape overall.
- Fillers can help correct chin shape; many people have trouble with excess fat under their chins that causes them to look slightly “unbalanced.” This makes them appear older than they really are! Dermal filler injections under the chin area will reduce this problem by restoring balance between the upper and lower jaws.
How long do dermal fillers last?
The longevity of dermal fillers will vary from patient to patient, and depends on several factors. Younger patients tend to have longer lasting results because their skin is more resilient and elastic than older people’s. Patients who don’t smoke or drink heavily also have a higher chance of having their treatment last for longer periods of time. Finally, taking care of your skin with sun protection and moisturizers can help keep the filler in place longer as well.
What are the side effects of dermal fillers?
Side effects can include:
- Redness and swelling at the injection site. This may last up to a few days but can be treated with ice packs and anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen.
- Bruising, which typically begins within 24 hours of your treatment and lasts around two weeks. It can be concealed by makeup or laser treatments such as IPL (intense pulsed light), though it will likely affect any areas where you are receiving extra injections that aren’t part of your normal regimen—for example, a forehead lift area or lines around the mouth.
- Allergic reactions, which occur rarely but are best avoided by having an allergy test beforehand if you have a history of allergies or sensitivities to topical products like sunscreen or lotions. If you do experience an allergic reaction after undergoing dermal filler injections, seek medical attention immediately; symptoms include difficulty breathing, hives (raised red welts) on the skin surface and swelling in various parts of the body including lips or tongue as well as wheezing noises when breathing (wheezing).
Fillers can give you immediate volume restoration, but they will wear off over time.
Fillers can give you immediate volume restoration, but they will wear off over time. They’re a great treatment option for those who are looking to get temporary results while they decide if they want a more permanent solution.
This is why it’s important to have an expert consultation before undergoing any filler treatment. A provider at Lift Clinic Toronto can help you decide which fillers are right for you and how long each will last so that you get the perfect result!
Fillers are the best for temporary volume restoration. The downside is that they wear off – if you want long-lasting results, you’ll need to go for implants or fat transfer. Fillers can be used on their own or in combination with other treatments like laser resurfacing or injectable botox. They’re also great for filling out wrinkles!
If you want to try dermal fillers at home, it’s best not to use products containing hyaluronic acid because these come with risks such as swelling of the skin around the injection site and even necrosis (death of some tissue). Instead try something like vitamin A which works by promoting collagen production within the body while simultaneously protecting against UV damage thanks to its antioxidant properties – perfect!